Last updated May 30, 2022
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE MAY USE IT
Information we may collect
As a platform for the sale and purchase of pharmaceutical products, we collect information or Personal Data which might include your name, contact details, title, login name and password, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), and any other background information from you when you create or update a user account on our Site. If you do not expressly provide this information, you will not be able to create a user account on our Site.
We collect Personal Data which you choose to provide to us directly, and which might include your Biometric data; name, age, email, location data, telephone number, transaction information and other information when you agree to use our services and other ancillary services offered via our Site.
We may combine the information we receive from you with information we receive from other sources.
How we use the information we collect
- To enable our services including but not limited to: creating and updating accounts, processing payments, processing and delivering your orders, tracking and sharing the progress of orders.
- For Research and development including testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve our Users’ experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easier-to-use, enhance the safety and security of our services, and develop new services and features.
- For Customer Support
- For Marketing and Non marketing communications with our Users including enabling communication amongst our Users, generating receipts and marketing our services to our Users
- Automated decision making
- For compliance with a legal obligation. This includes anti-fraud and anti-money laundering measures as well as tax and social security requirements.
As to client data we collect, we do not use the information for any purpose other than to fulfil our obligations to clients. We keep client information secure at all times, and prevent the use and disclosure of it by our employees or any third parties.
HOW WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal data with others such as:
- Our Clients and Partner Companies: names and demographic data only
- Third-party service providers, who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including processing and delivering your orders, email distribution, marketing service, payments, Cloud storage and IT services, so that they can provide services to Famasi;
- Law enforcement authorities or other government bodies when we are required to do so in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies.
- If, in future, we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may disclose/transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
In addition to the above, we may share Personal Data about you with others to the extent you consent to such sharing.
You may request more information about the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal data by contacting us at email@example.com
DATA SECURITY AND PROTECTION
We understand the need for your personal data to remain secure and private and we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, data breaches, modification or destruction. Only authorised personnel and third parties will have access to any personal data provided by you, which is limited to the extent they need to do their job or provide their services. While we are committed to earning and keeping your trust with these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your information as any provided information is exposed to inherent risks associated with Internet usage.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Site or providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Site. We may also post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs.
Please note that while we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting User’s profile access, you also play an important part in securing your own data. To protect your privacy and security, you should never share your user account’s password with anyone. The responsibility for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information is yours at all times.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected. We may keep data longer if we have a legal obligation to keep it or to maintain necessary records for legal, financial, compliance, or other reporting obligations, and to enforce our rights and agreements.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
When you use our Site, we and our partners, affiliates, and/or service providers may send one or more cookies or similar technologies to your computer or other device to collect information on how you use our Site to enable us improve the quality of our services, our Site and the online experience of our visitors and users.
We use the following groups of cookies:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our Site to function, such as allowing images to load or allowing you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyse your use of our Site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our Platform. For example, remembering your log-in details or providing us information about how our Platform is used.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our Platform.
LEGAL RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO DATA SUBJECTS
Subject to applicable law, you are entitled to certain rights regarding the personal data Famasi maintains about you. For instance, you have the right to request access to your information, obtain a copy of it as well as information about how we use it. You also have the right to request that we correct incorrect, inaccurate or out-of-date information about you. You have the right to request that we stop processing your information and/or withdraw your consent to such processing and to ask us to delete your information.
In the event that you no longer wish your data to be processed as described in this Policy, or if you wish to access, rectify, cancel or oppose such processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Famasi by the nature of its business connects you with different third parties. To this end, our Site will contain links to other platforms not administered by Famasi.
Famasi may provide your information to the third party so that we can facilitate the relationship between you and the third party. However, Famasi is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any non-Site to which a user is redirected from our Site. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting other websites and sites not governed by our Privacy Statement. We cannot control the content or security of such websites. We are not liable for any loss or damage incurred by a user as a result of visiting such websites. No links are intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website.