Important Things To Know About Aphrodisiacs (+ FAQs) - Famasi Africa
Aphrodisiacs are substances used to increase sexual desire, which may be natural or artificial. They can come from foods, drinks, herbs, spices, and scents. They also exist in the form of drugs and hormones.
You’ve probably heard that certain foods or drinks can increase your sexual pleasure or libido. While some are backed by science, others are more myth than fact.
Some of these foods & drinks contain components that improve your blood flow & circulation. And they're known as “Aphrodisiacs”
However, it’s not yet proven how effective they can be. In fact, some of them might be harmful to your health.
What are some sources of aphrodisiacs?
You can find aphrodisiacs in natural or artificial form.
Natural aphrodisiacs can come from foods, drinks, herbs, spices, and scents. But, artificial aphrodisiacs exist in the form of drugs and hormones.
Aphrodisiacs come in a variety of forms, each with unique effects. Some of which include:
- Foods and drinks: Some foods contain aphrodisiac qualities. Some with singular benefits, and others with many benefits. Examples of these foods are oysters, chocolate, and chili peppers. They can further be broken down into three main categories:
- Foods that stimulate your sexual desire
- Ones that can improve your sexual performance, and
- Foods that enhance your fertility.
- Herbs and spices: You can also increase your sexual desire with herbs and plants. They contain aphrodisiac qualities. Some of the most popular herbal aphrodisiacs include ginseng, maca root, and Tribulus terrestris.
- Essential oils: These will stimulate your senses and promote your relaxation during sex. You can either rub these essential oils on your skin or bathe with them to increase sexual arousal.
- Flowers and plants: Scents from certain flowers and plants can make you crave sex. This is due to their natural sedative and relaxing properties. Some of these flowers can also ease your tension.
What are some common aphrodisiacs?
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can lower your inhibitions and make you feel more relaxed. This may make you desire sex more or want to perform sexual acts. Yet, too much alcohol can have the opposite effect and decrease your sexual interest or performance. Taking too much of it can also make you have sex against your will.
- Chocolate: Chocolate contains a chemical called phenylethylamine. This can stimulate the release of endorphins (hormones that produce feelings of pleasure). During sex, your body releases endorphins. Hence, chocolates are a natural mood enhancer. It also contains serotonin which can have calming and mood-boosting effects on you.
- Oysters: Oysters are high in zinc. An element essential for the production of testosterone. They are also a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. These are both important for your sexual health.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers contain a compound called capsaicin, a compound that can increase your blood flow and arousal.
- Avocado: They contain lots of vitamins A and E that can help you fight oxidative stress and make your skin healthy. This will help you maintain a healthy libido.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is an Asian herb that has long been used as an aphrodisiac. It’s thought to improve blood flow and increase energy levels. Additionally, ginseng also increases dopamine levels, which may improve your mood and libido.
These are just a few of the many common examples of aphrodisiacs. But if you’re interested in trying one, be sure to speak with your doctor first to ensure it’s safe for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do aphrodisiacs feel like?
The effects of aphrodisiacs can vary depending on the person. While you may experience feeling more sexually aroused after taking an aphrodisiac. Another person may simply feel more relaxed or open to sexual activity.
There’s also no definitive answer to what exactly an aphrodisiac does to your body. Since more research is required in this area.
What do aphrodisiacs do?
Aphrodisiacs work in a variety of ways. Some may increase blood flow into your genitals. Makes you sensitive and arouses you in the process. Others work by affecting your hormone levels. And this can lead to increased sexual desire.
There are a few that can work by impacting your nervous system and make sex more pleasurable.
Is it risky to try aphrodisiacs?
While there are no scientific backings to support the claim that aphrodisiac actually works. Some forms of aphrodisiacs can have negative effects on you.
For instance, yohimbine, an alkaloid found in the bark of an African tree, is sometimes promoted as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. But it can cause high blood pressure, anxiety, headaches, and other side effects.
While many foods and drinks may come off as excellent aphrodisiacs. They can actually cause problems like body inflammation. Others may have no side effects and increase your sexual desire.
The good news is knowing what works for you and your body.
With our special sexual care package, you’ll get a personalized aphrodisiac for your increased pleasure.